The P&L team at a Colombian delivery firm faced performance issues and delays while accessing financial reports during peak times due to high user load.
Their current reporting tool lacked drill-down capabilities, limiting detailed analysis of crucial factors such as region, customer type, and payables in their auto-generated excel reports.
Story of the Customer
The P&L team at a Colombian delivery firm was experiencing delays in accessing financial reports during peak periods, impacting around 2,000 users.
Their existing tool didn't support detailed data analysis. The inability to scrutinize critical influencers like geographical region, customer type, and payables in their Excel reports hindered strategic decision-making.
- The company's P&L team faced challenges with report generation during peak load time, causing performance issues and delays due to the significant number of users accessing the tool.
- The existing system lacked the capability to perform drill-down operations in auto-generated excel reports, restricting the depth of analysis possible.
- The need for a separate No-SQL data mart was identified to accommodate the reporting needs of the P&L team, requiring a solution that could offer SQL-like query access to data items.
- Implement a No-SQL data mart specifically designed to cater to the reporting needs of the P&L team, enabling SQL-like query access to data items.
- Introduce a visual reporting interface that allows drill-down operations on key factors such as geography/region, customer type, and payable, enabling detailed insights into P&L unit economics.
- Ensure generated reports are directly sent to the firm’s ERP, providing easy access and retrieval of data while offering flexible and responsive analytics for business growth and profit evaluation.
- The modern data stack improved data accessibility, providing the P&L team with effective SQL-like query access to financial data.
- The new tool enhanced the firm's analytics capabilities, allowing for granular insights into the business's growth and profits.
- A visualization interface enabled drill-down operations on critical factors, enhancing understanding of the firm's unit economics.