How We Helped Our Client Drive Digital Transformation with Workday Implementation
- Our client is a prominent real estate developer and provider of luxury apartments in the US. The client and its team faced considerable challenges in managing its large workforce and complex financial processes, which were primarily manual and time-consuming.
- The team also struggled with compliance issues and lacked real-time visibility into their key business metrics.
- They partnered with a third-party service provider for Workday implementation, but the client was unhappy with the implementation support. They needed resources with deep knowledge and extensive expertise that Flatworld Edge had to test the quality of their existing implementation and realize the actual value of their Workday investment.
- Our experts optimized the Workday solution in accordance with the client’s level of quality and helped them drive new levels of efficiency across previously fragmented and manual system landscapes.
About Our Client
Our client is one of the renowned multifamily companies in the US with over 40 years of experience in the real estate sector. With a strong focus on developing, constructing, and managing luxury apartment communities in the State, our client is committed to providing its residents a high-quality, exceptional living. Since its inception in 1980, the company has quickly become a preeminent real estate player in the United States.
With over $640M worth of revenue and an ever-expanding workforce of 700 employees, the company is quickly expanding its horizons. Currently, the company owns and manages over 25,000 apartment homes in nine U.S. markets.
Since its establishment, the company has been managing its complex business processes, HR operations, and finances in-house through a variety of spreadsheets and a disparate payroll system.
But at their rate of growth, working with manual processes was no longer possible. The client realized that they needed to reassess their technology capabilities to streamline their decentralized HR and financial processes and improve data accuracy and visibility.
The client wanted to leverage a sustainable and scalable solution that automates its HR and financial processes and improves data accuracy and visibility.
For them, Workday was the clear winner as it met most of their requirements and had unmatched flexibility, scalability, and the ability to integrate with other systems.
The client started its Workday implementation process with the help of a WD partner. But the client was unhappy with their service delivery as the implementation was not being performed as per the required standards.
Though the client had moved to a Workday subscription, they lacked the in-house expertise to test the implemented solution and were looking for an experienced provider who could test the accuracy of the implemented.
Apart from that, the company was stuck with a legacy payroll system that was outdated and lacked flexibility. The company realized that it needed to upgrade its payroll system to keep up with the changing business landscape and ensure compliance with the latest regulations.
They hit the reset button and connected with Flatworld Edge with two requirements:
- A Workday resource who could work as an extension of their existing IT team and help them determine the quality of Workday implementation and boost productivity, skills, and engagement.
- A dedicated Payroll clerk resource so that they can move away from their current payroll provider and house all payroll and HR operations under one roof.
We pulled out all the stops to make sure the client got the support they needed.
After carefully understanding their requirements and drafting the scope of work, we deployed an experienced Workday resource for proper testing of the implemented solution. We also shared the Payroll clerk requirement with the FS team and helped them successfully close the requirement.
The payroll clerk played a crucial role in the implementation testing process, as they had a deep understanding of the Workday system and how it could be customized to meet the company’s requirements. They also worked closely with the implementation team to ensure that the new payroll system was designed and configured to meet the company’s needs.
The payroll clerk resource also helped the client set up the payroll configuration in the Workday system. This included creating pay groups, earnings codes, deductions, and configuring the tax setup. They also tested the new payroll system and identified any issues that needed to be addressed before the system went live.
The Workday implementation and testing helped our client:
- Improved HR processes: Workday streamlined employee onboarding, performance management, and compensation planning processes, and helped in improving the employee experience and reducing administrative overhead.
- Enhanced financial management: The cloud solution provided accurate and timely financial reporting, allowing the client to make confident data-driven decisions while reducing financial risk.
- Increased data accuracy and visibility: Workday provided real-time visibility into HR and financial data, allowing the company to quickly identify and address issues.
- Improved compliance: It helped ensure compliance with labor laws and regulations, reducing legal risk.
Overall, the Workday implementation helped our client move to an agile way of working. The client was able to align its people, processes, and finances on one consolidated platform, which helped him improve team efficiency, data accuracy, business visibility, and profitability.