In 2022, mobile apps are expected to generate over $900 billion across the world. An average smartphone owner is estimated to use 10 mobile apps per day and 30 mobile apps in a month. With rising popularity of mobile apps, the focus on cross platform mobile app development frameworks has been consistently rising due to the presence of diverse operating systems in the market. Given the various technological advancements that are projected to take place in 2022, the diversity of operating systems is only going to expand.
Businesses today cater to consumers who use a variety of devices and cross-platform app development is an imperative solution. With an objective to reach a large group of audience, cross platform mobile app development frameworks assist in creating a single application for multiple operating systems, thereby eliminating the need to build separate apps for different platforms. Cross platform app development frameworks provide a wide gamut of benefits such as a single code base, lesser development resources, quick app launches, cost-effectiveness, and wide audience reach. Using common languages, application lifecycle management tools, and frameworks, development of successful cross-platform mobile apps is more viable now.
Why Is Cross-Platform Mobile Apps Development Beneficial To You?
- Faster Development
Thanks to cross-platform development solutions, one codebase can be used for various operating systems such as iOS, Android, and others, thereby shortening the development process significantly. With shorter development lifecycles, you can be more responsive to user feedback. Cross platform app development frameworks also ensure timely support and maintenance.
- Reduced Costs
Research shows that when compared to native applications, cross-platform app development can lead to 30% reduction in costs. Investments in assets, resources, and technologies can be effectively optimized across the process. It also accommodates testing a particular market to gain insights such as adoption rate and profitability, thereby aiding your strategic decision-making process.
- Larger Reach
According to research, 70% of smartphones run on Android OS and 25% run on iOS. Having to choose between different operating systems is an expensive trade-off. Cross-platform app development allows you to get the best of both worlds. You can even stage the development across different operating systems according to your preferred timelines.
- Consistency Across Platforms
Brand consistency across different customer touchpoints goes a long way in delivering exemplary customer experience. User interface variations between different operating systems such as design and navigation can be addressed easily with the help of cross-platform app development. This allows you to effortlessly build coherent and consistent brand images across apps on different platforms.
- Reusable Code
With a single codebase for different operating systems, cross-platform app development allows you to save time, effort, and money. It eliminates repetitive tasks and accelerates application development lifecycle. Resolving bugs and issues or adding enhancements on different operating systems is a lot easier with one codebase.
Trends In Cross-Platform App Development In 2022
The future of cross-platform app development is going to be flooded with innovative technological trends such as:
AR drastically elevates the way users interact with mobile apps. VR, on the other hand virtually takes users to a different simulated environment. Both trends encourage you to deliver innovative user experiences to enhance customer engagement. The end objective of unique app user experience and brand differentiation can be achieved using these trends in cross-platform app development.
To achieve better engagement and reach, the role of chatbots on apps is pivotal. Chatbots can deliver a diverse variety of functions such as conversational marketing, real-time information sharing, round-the-clock support, address customer queries and more. A cross-platform mobile app can make use of the chatbots to receive requests from users and to share replies from the bot.
Integration of cross-platform apps with cloud platform is easy. This provides compatibility and assistance in maintaining apps on the cloud. You can now build cloud-based apps with better design, security and creativity using cross-platform app development frameworks.
Why Xamarin Is the Best Cross Platform App Development Framework?
According to a survey of global app developers, Xamarin is projected to be a popular cross-platform mobile framework in 2022. Its popularity can be attributed to the fact that it uses common programming languages and tools for app development across different platforms like Android, iOS, and Windows.
- Easy-to-use And Build – Since Xamarin uses a single source file and C# and the.Net framework, it is considered as the best-suited tool for cross-platform mobile app development.
- SDK Integration – Xamarin is compatible with current SDKs and uses platform-specific APIs to create apps with easy user interface. SDK integration ensures automatic updates of apps already in use.
- Open Source – Xamarin being an open-source platform backed by Microsoft assures scalability in cross-platform app development.
- Cost-Effective – It is an excellent platform that provides native functionality. Since it employs syntax-based headers, the app development process will prove to be cost-effective.
- Easy Maintenance – All updates and resolution of issues can be conducted on the source code which guarantees easy maintenance.
- Native User Experience – With the help of Visual Studio and C#, Xamarin can provide a native user experience. Using unique elements in a single location, a single solution with platform specific interfaces can be created.
- Automated Testing – With Xamarin, you can reap the benefits of instant automated app testing leading to reduced bugs.
- Secure Backend – Due to Visual Studio integration, Xamarin supports Azure Mobile Services making apps scalable and secure.
How We Make Your Business Future-Ready In 2022 With Our Xamarin Cross-Platform Mobile Apps?
Using our comprehensive expertise, we build customized Xamarin apps powered with the latest technological functionalities to make your business future-ready in 2022. We provide end-to-end assistance in building innovative and contemporary mobile apps. We leverage the benefits of cross-platform app development using Xamarin to ensure you send consistent brand messaging across different operating systems. We help your mobile apps in receiving wider reach across iOS and Android platforms in a time-efficient and cost-effective way. Using Xamarin, we deliver mobile apps that provide the best native app performance.
Our Xamarin cross-platform mobile app development process is exhaustive in covering all bases such as:
- Ideation and information gathering – We understand and analyse your visions for the app. Our experts will review and come up with a detailed framework.
- Planning – Next, we come up with a roadmap and a draft design to take your feedback.
- Designing – Once we finalise the scope of the app, we implement the design and build the app.
- Developing – We build excellent user interfaces on the app for your customers.
- Testing – We conduct detailed quality assurance procedures to ensure the app is free of bugs and issues.
- Launch and Maintenance – Once the app portrays high functionality, we assist you in launching the apps on app stores and subsequently we monitor its performance.
Who We Are and What Makes Us an Expert?
This article is brought to you by Flatworld Edge, a leading provider of mobile app development services. As a certified Microsoft partner, we have proven industry and technical acumen in successfully developing Xamarin cross-platform mobile apps. Our team of experts exhibit innovative capabilities to deliver impeccable user experience. With our in-depth knowledge in the field of cross-platform mobile app development, we ensure that every app we build is in tune with latest technological advancements.