Cloud computing has become the need of the hour. Organizations across the board are keen on having their footprints on the cloud. Improved management, unmatched security, and cost efficiencies are just some of the reasons why more and more companies are choosing to migrate their existing on-premises data and applications to the cloud.
But despite the many advantages that cloud technology offers, cloud migration is both tough and challenging – a reason why most enterprises choose Microsoft Azure Migration Services and the associated Azure Migrate to effortlessly re-home their business-critical workloads onto the cloud.
With numerous in-built and integrated tools, Azure Migrate serves to be a unified platform for cloud migration and data modernization. It offers organizations the easiest way to migrate their on-premises applications and data to the Azure cloud – without significant downtime or service disruption.
This article takes a closer look at Azure Migrate, its key capabilities, and how Azure Migration services can smoothen your journey to the cloud.
What is Azure Migrate?
Azure Migrate is a free, fully loaded, easy-to-use tool within the Azure portal that simplifies and streamlines the entire process of Azure cloud migration. It provides a centralized hub of tools for discovering, assessing, re-sizing, and migrating your public and private cloud workloads to Azure.
Using the hub, you can easily track, manage, and facilitate the migration of your Windows and Linux servers, SQL and non-SQL databases, web applications and virtual desktop infrastructure, and data to the Azure cloud for uninterrupted work and performance.
It not only allows you to assess your on-prem infrastructure and data but also enables you to assess your Azure readiness. With it, you can easily re-size your databases for a quick and seamless Azure cloud migration.
Tools That Make Azure Migrate Extremely Useful
Azure Migrate comes with numerous powerful tools that give businesses a comprehensive and effortless migration experience. Some of the key tools of Azure Migration include:
- Discovery and Assessment Tool: The tool discovers and assesses the on-premises environment – physical servers, VMware VMs, Hyper-V VMs, applications, and databases to evaluate if your on-prem applications and databases are ready for migration to the Azure cloud.
- Migration and Modernization Tool: The tool offers a centralized hub for migration planning. You can conduct migration assessments, along with resources required and cost implications. It even provides a cross-dependency map to help IT teams score out servers that are required for the functioning and performance of applications. It even allows you to modernize your applications as you migrate them.
- Server Migration Tool: Azure Migrate Server Migration tool helps businesses migrate their on-premises virtual machines, physical servers, and cloud virtual machines to Azure. It provides a unified migration experience with agentless discovery, automated migration, and integrated health monitoring.
- Azure Database Migration Service: Azure Database Migration Service is a fully managed service that helps businesses migrate their databases to Azure with minimal downtime. It provides migration support for several database sources, including SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Azure Site Recovery: Azure Site Recovery is a disaster recovery solution that replicates workloads running on physical and virtual machines to Azure. It provides businesses with an automated and easy-to-manage solution to safeguard their business-critical applications and enjoy near-zero downtime.
Features of Azure Migrate
Azure Migrate comes loaded with numerous features that help businesses quickly migrate their on-premises infrastructure, applications, and data to the Azure cloud. These include:
- Superior Assessment and Hassle-Free Migration
Azure Migrate gives organizations the power to assess their on-premise infrastructure and application and determine their readiness for migration to Azure. It offers a unified migration platform that covers multiple scenarios, comes with numerous capabilities, and provides centralized visibility. With Azure Migrate, users can easily assess, plan, migrate, and track their journey to Azure.
- An Arsenal of Assessment and Migration Tools
Azure Migrate offers a range of assessment and migration tools that make it easy for organizations to move their applications, servers, and databases to Azure. The tools include Azure Database Migration Service, Azure Discovery and Assessment, Migration and Modernization, and Azure Site Recovery for disaster recovery and management.
You can even integrate Azure Migrate with other Azure services and tools, as well as with independent software vendor (ISV) offerings.
- Hassle-Free Migration Planning
Its centralized hub ensures hassle-free migration planning. This includes conducting migration readiness assessments, evaluating various migration scenarios, and establishing timelines. Thanks to Azure Migrate, organizations can now plan effective cloud migrations with minimum business disruption.
- Superior Cost Estimation
Azure Migrate cost estimation tool helps businesses evaluate the overall cost implications of migration and allows them to optimize their cloud infrastructure for maximum cost efficiency.
- Security and Compliance
With features like data encryption, role-based access control, and compliance with various industry standards and regulations, Azure Migrate comes all equipped to meet the varied security and compliance needs of businesses.
Benefits of Azure Migrate
Some of the key benefits of Azure Migrate include:
- Simplified Migration Process: With a unified platform for cloud migration and data modernization, Azure Migrate makes it easy for you to plan, execute, and manage your migration projects.
- Unmatched Scalability and Flexibility: Azure Migrate enables you to scale your infrastructure up or down as per your changing business needs. With Azure, you can easily respond to the changing demands of your business and take advantage of new growth opportunities.
- Improved Performance: Its optimization tools can help you improve your work performance even in the cloud. You can optimize your applications to ensure faster response times, better user experiences, and improved performance.
- Reduced Downtime: Azure Migrate comes with a range of tools and services that can help you minimize downtime during the migration process. It makes sure all your critical business applications and services remain available throughout the migration process.
- Lower Costs: The cost management tools of Azure Migrate help you to analyze and optimize the cost of cloud infrastructure. You can reduce your spending and increase the return on investment (ROI) of the migration project.
- Security and Compliance: Thanks to its security and compliance features, Azure Migrate helps organizations stay secure and compliant with regulatory requirements. It protects your sensitive data and minimizes the risk of data breaches.
How We Assist You with Our Microsoft Azure Migration Services
Even though Azure Migrate speeds up the entire migration process, without professional guidance and assistance, cloud migration is still overwhelming. Our team of cloud advisors works with you, hand-in-hand, to help you successfully deploy the Azure Migrate appliance as well as create a fool-proof cloud migration strategy. We carefully assess your needs and right-size your Azure environment for hassle-free migration and maximum cost-saving.
Having completed hundreds of cloud migrations to perfection, we have the know-how to perfectly sift through your data and provide best-practice recommendations for successful azure cloud implementation and migration.
Who Are We and Why Our Expertise Matters?
Flatworld Edge is a certified Microsoft partner with over 10 years of experience in Azure cloud implementation. Over the years, we have provided Microsoft Azure migration services to numerous clients across the world. With the latest tools and technologies, we can help you make a successful transition to the Azure cloud.
Connect with us to know how we can help you stay at the forefront of technology.